Placed under the authority of a Director, the Directorate of Financial and Economic Affairs is charged with the following activities.
• Coordinate the different administrative and financial activities
• Design strategies for the smooth functioning of services functioning of services.
• Assists the Secretary General in his administrative duties.
• The preparation, elaboration, execution and the follow up of the Budget of the City Council.
• The generation and management of the financial resources of the City Council.
• The fiscal information of and on tax payers.
• Relations with the attached services of the City Council.
• The institutional relation between the City Council Treasurer, the Financial Controller, Organization and other State Financial Services.
• The management of the loans and debts of the city council with the organization and services concerned.
• Coordinate and organize financial services.
The Directorate of Financial and Economic Affairs comprises of:
1. Budget preparation and Execution
2. Collection and Tax base service
3. Commitment and Audit Service
4. Public contact and procurement service
5. Service of Economic promotion.
Budget Preparation and Execution.
Placed under the authority of a Service Head with the principal mission of assuring a mastery of the local fiscal situation and the re-enforcement of the financial capacity of the City Council, the budget preparation and execution service is charged with:
• The constitution of tax payers’ files in relation with the organization and Services concerned.
• The follow up of tax data.
• The optimization of City Council income.
• The exploitation or the supervision of all City Council income–generating activities in liaison with the Services concerned (Building permit, occupation of public space, rentals etc)
• Establishment of Reimbursement Orders.
• The control of all fiscal and communal receipts in relation with Divisional Centres of Taxation and the Municipal Treasurer.
• Studies relating to the growth of the financial resources of the City Council.
• The fiscal information of and on tax payers.
Collection and Tax base Service.
Placed under the authority of a Service Head, with the principal mission of assuring perfect regularity in the accounting operation chain and in strict respect of payment deadlines, the collection and tax base service is charged with:
• The application of accounting procedures.
• The general accounts of the income and expenditure of the city Council.
• The management of budget accounts and bank accounts.
• The elaboration, execution and follow up of the management and investment budgets of the City Council.
• The programming of transactions and projects to be executed in the domain of the budget in relation with the services concerned.
• The follow up of relation with institutional Financial Service.
• The follow up and settlement of the expenditure of the City Council.
• The management of the debs of the City Council.
• The production of Administrative Accounts.
• The establishment of collection orders and their accounting.
• Following up cash movement in the city council.
Public contracts and procurement service.
Placed under the authority of a Service Head, the public contracts and procurement service is charged with:
• The inventory of City Council patrimony in relation with the Stores Accountant.
• The centralization of the requests for material supplies to the services of the city council and the establishment of corresponding Supply Order.
• The update of the index card of protocol agreements with enterprises and the execution of the terms of these contract agreements.
• The receipt of services rendered in liaison with the Stores Accountant.
• The preservation and distribution of office material to the different services in liaison with the Stores Accountant.
• The update of the stock file in liaison with the Stores Accounting Service concerned.
• The preparation, follow up and control of the execution of the public contracts of the city council in relation with the Services concerned.
• The control and follow up of utility bills (water, electricity, telephone of services of the city council and those who are entitled to these amenities.
The Service of Economic Promotion.
Placed under the authority of someone responsible for this unit, with rank of Service Head, the service of Economic Promotion is directly accountable to the Director of Financial and Economic Affairs. It is charged with:
• The research and identification of partners.
• The definition and follow up of the policy of the economic development of Bamenda Town in relation with other organization and Services concerned.
• The elaboration and putting in place of an assistance policy for the creation and or development of small and medium size enterprises in Bamenda town.
• The promotion of the creation of income-generating activities and services as well as public enterprises that favour community development.